A recent CVS Health® (NYSE: CVS)/Harris Poll survey found that young adults and physicians continue to see the country struggling with mental health, but most Americans aren’t seeking care.
- Six in 10 (60%) say they are concerned about their mental health, and two-thirds (67%) say they know a lot of people in their community that are struggling with mental health issues.
- Most physicians (56%) also report declining mental health among their patients.
- However, only 1 in 10 (12%) Americans regularly see a mental health professional like a psychiatrist, psychologist, psychotherapist, or well-being therapist.
“There continues to be a need for accessible mental health care, which is why we are expanding in-person and virtual mental health services at select MinuteClinic® locations across the U.S.,” said Cara McNulty, President, Behavioral Health and Mental Well-being, CVS Health. “These services have already proven to have an impact since launching in 2021, with approximately 80% of patients reporting a reduction in their depression symptoms.”
Older Americans believe we need to take mental health more seriously, but aren’t concerned about social media.
The survey also found that generations have different views on how to access mental health care.
- Ninety-five percent of respondents age 57+ agreed that mental health and illnesses should be taken more seriously by society, compared to 8 in 10 respondents aged 18-32 (83%).
- About six in 10 (58%) respondents aged 18-32 report that social media has negatively impacted their mental health, compared to just 22% of respondents aged 57+.
- A higher number of respondents aged 33-40 believe in using technology to access care, with 85% agreeing that digital health services have made mental health more accessible.
CVS Health continues to expand access to in-person and virtual mental health services and create consumer-friendly materials to provide individuals with mental health resources and education:
- Depression screenings are available in more than 1,100 MinuteClinic locations across the U.S.
- In select MinuteClinic® locations, consumers have access to in-person and virtual mental health services, including cognitive behavioral therapy.
- Project Health has expanded its program to offer depression screenings at all events this year.
- CVS Health offers a number of mental health resources and guides on CVSHealth.com, including a resource center around different populations – from the LGBTQ+ community to young adults to parents and caregivers – and their unique mental health needs.
- As part of the Beauty Mark initiative, CVS Health promotes a healthier self-image and positive mental well-being by not materially altering the beauty imagery created for stores, marketing materials, websites, apps, or social media. As it celebrates Beauty Mark’s fifth anniversary, CVS Pharmacy is committed to continue working closely with vendors, partners, and the wider industry to expand on its promise to meet the evolving needs of its consumers.
This poll was conducted between March 7 - March 24, 2023, among a national sample of 3,400 people over the age of 18, physicians, and pharmacists. The interviews were conducted online, and the data was weighted to approximate a target sample of people over the age of 18, physicians, and pharmacists based on gender, educational attainment, age, race, and region. Populations measured include Gen Z/Young Millennials (18-32 years), Older Millennials (33-40), GenX (41-56), and Boomer+ (57+ years of age). Results from the full survey have a margin of error of plus or minus 2 percentage points.
About CVS Health
CVS Health® is the leading health solutions company, delivering care like no one else can. We reach more people and improve the health of communities across America through our local presence, digital channels, and over 300,000 dedicated colleagues – including more than 40,000 physicians, pharmacists, nurses, and nurse practitioners. Wherever and whenever people need us, we help them with their health – whether that’s managing chronic diseases, staying compliant with their medications, or accessing affordable health and wellness services in the most convenient ways. We help people navigate the health care system – and their personal health care – by improving access, lowering costs, and being a trusted partner for every meaningful moment of health. And we do it all with heart, each and every day. Follow @CVSHealth on social media.